Ruth has a powerful business background and brings an unusual combination of expertise in finance; coaching; strategic leadership; Board roles; and charity activities. She is a natural connector, relationship builder and rainmaker, she asks the questions that are being avoided and speaks truth to power. Working in several industries and organisations, she enjoys working in diverse environments and differing structures.
Much of her coaching work is with senior leaders already in or aspiring to the C-suite. She is energized by working with executive and senior leadership teams, helping them to understand how they can work more effectively together and use their strengths individually and collectively resulting in better outcomes for the organisations at the business as well as at the human level. 30% of her work is reserved for coaching in organisations who do amazing work in and for their communities and who don’t have the resources for a coaching budget.
A passionate Rugby fan and season ticket holder for Saracens she has a broad interest in the arts – the physical theatrical and opera. Ruth loves cooking (and eating) and wine (and drinking it), and her exercise includes walking, going to the gym and donning boxing gloves. To balance that she has a yoga practice.
- 20 years in financial services in the US and UK including creating the top rated European business for James Capel (now HSBC) in New York and helping to rebuild the ailing securities business at Schroders in the late 90’s
- She joined the Board of F&C Asset Management PLC as an NED in 2013 as the first women director and was asked to remain an Independent NED post the takeover by Bank of Montreal May 2014
- Participant in a team working on a King’s Fund project on Enhancing Care at the End of Life
- Over 12 years as a Coach working across a range of organisations: professional services, TV, publishing, engineering and public sector
- BSc (Hons) Management Sciences UMIST
- Stock Exchange and SEC professional exams
- Fellow of the RSA
- Meyler Campbell Business Coach, accredited by WABC, EMCC, AC
- MBTI®; FIRO-B®; Mindfulness for Coaches; The Thinking Partnership® (Nancy Kline)
- British Psychological Society – member of Special Group in Coaching Psychology
- Continuing professional development programmes, including coaching supervision
“As my Coach Ruth is a critical best friend and confidante, someone who acts as a sounding board, someone who tests and challenges my assumptions, not least the supposition that everyone is like me! She listens in a way that helps me work out the answers for myself and as a result I have learned a huge amount about myself through coaching.”
Partner, International Law Firm
“Ruth is the kind of person who, on first meeting her, you feel that, in fact, you’ve known her all along. My favourite people connect in this way. With intelligence, generosity and energy, her coaching has enabled me to change my style, understand my objectives, and communicate better. These are great results, and with her help and attention, I’ve come to know myself more clearly. I’ve had a year of wonderful transformation in my working life, and more broadly, and Ruth’s coaching has been central to effecting this.”
Director, Publishing Company