Through a grounded and practical approach combined with enthusiasm, deep listening, strategic vision and creativity, Linda enables coaching clients to unleash their strengths and potential; to generate new possibilities and arrive at practical solutions and insights for themselves and the business. Linda had a successful career in HR where she was known for her commercial and strategic contribution at Board level and for her focus on Board effectiveness. She has considerable experience as a Business Coach. Her strengths include generating ideas; creating new connections between people; quickly understanding the big picture and business strategy; and the ability to tell and share relevant stories. Linda is driven to make a difference to individual clients, teams and organisations and to changing the world through her pro bono work.
Linda’s coaching work is typically with business leaders and executive team members. She also really enjoys working with younger people with high potential and is energised by our innovative Coaching Days which are typically open to anyone from the client organisation.
A passionate Sunderland football supporter which has its highs and lows! Linda thrives on variety in her work and interests, which include painting, travel, theatre, playing the piano, singing in a community choir, and walking. Linda also enjoys the stimulation of living in two cities ie London and Cape Town.
- 20 enjoyable years in HR, including eight at Board level, three as HR Director of RAC Motoring Services including responsibility for facilitating Board strategy events and Board effectiveness
- Former roles include: Founder Director of We Are What We Do, creators of the best-selling book Change the World for a Fiver; Non-executive director of a timber company; Director of the Centre of Applied Positive Psychology (CAPP)
- Pro bono activities include being a Business Supporter of Community Links for over 25 years; and coaching the Founders of two Charities
- Over 13 years as a coach working in multiple sectors including: publishing; television; legal; financial services; engineering; not-for-profit through to a political party
- BA (Honours) degree in Business Studies, Sheffield Hallam University
- Post Graduate Diploma in Personnel Management and Industrial Relations
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development
- Meyler Campbell Business Coach, accredited by WABC, EMCC, AC
- MBTI®; CAPP R2®; Mindfulness for Coaches; The Thinking Partnership® (Nancy Kline)
- British Psychological Society – member of Special Group in Coaching Psychology
- Continuing professional development programmes, including coaching supervision
“Linda has been immensely invaluable to my personal development as I have progressed through management and leadership roles. She has helped me work out my priorities and suggested innovative approaches and ideas. Linda has been a strategic sounding board on long term as well as immediate leadership and management challenges. She is a superb listener as well as giver of guidance. She has a wealth of experience and is clearly used to working with a huge variety of people – a real role model. One of the most valuable areas for me is that she has helped me focus on the areas of my job that I most enjoy. I get so much more pleasure out of my job as a result.”
Partner, Law firm