Having built a career on doing what she says she will do, inspiring people to achieve great things and simply enjoying the world of work, it is no surprise that Linda’s coaching style reflects that. She enjoys working with people who are curious about their own potential and are ready to lift the lid on their assumptions about themselves and others. Working with Linda can feel like a thinking workout: working hard to get to the bottom of things and then being brave when considering what to do with new insights. With your agreement, she will hold you accountable for your growth and development. However, you will also have fun working together. Linda cares deeply about her clients and uses all her experience and knowledge to support them, not just in the session itself but throughout the coaching relationship.
Her clients are highly successful, working at the most senior levels in their organisation. Linda has a deep understanding of leadership and helps people to craft their unique leadership identity to create professional success and personal happiness. This is often crucial for people who have built a career as technical experts, and then find that their leadership capability is in the spotlight. She has international experience having worked in Singapore, Sri Lanka, Sudan and Europe. Linda also likes to offer her services to those who may not have the budget, so works with selected pro bono clients who have a bright future ahead, but need some support to help them get there.
Linda surprised herself and others by completing the 100km Oxfam Trailtrekker Walk in June 2013 and with her Alliance colleagues raised a significant sum of money. She has now progressed to running and regularly attends Parkrun on Saturday mornings (with mixed results). Her ideal holiday usually involves a place of interest with great food. India, Australia and walking the Camino de Santiago have been recent highlights.
- Business Manager for FTSE 100 Company managing a multi-million business portfolio. Led national projects including a comprehensive review of claims handling in the intermediary sector
- Executive in FTSE 100 financial services organisation reaching Divisional Board level as People Development Manager. Managed multi site team of personal development experts involved in transforming the business to meet changing customer demands
- MD of own business delivering tailored leadership development solutions for a range of business Includes workshops, team coaching, observation coaching. Recent assignment includes designing a Wellbeing toolkit for delivering on behalf of the Police Mutual Foundation
- Past Honorary Teaching Fellow with Lancaster University tutoring on Postgraduate management and coaching programmes
- Experienced international coach working with range of sectors
- Bachelor of Music (Honours) degree, Hull University
- MBA, Lancaster University
- Meyler Campbell Business Coach accredited by WABC, EMCC, AC
- MBTI®; Life Orientations®; Mindfulness for Coaches
- Coaching using Gestalt principles; HOGAN Assessment Systems Accredited
- British Psychological Society – member of Special Group in Coaching Psychology
- Continuing professional development programmes, including coaching supervision
“I just wanted to say a big thank you for all your help, knowledge, coaching and guidance that you have given me over the last 6 months. It’s probably one of the hardest things that I’ve done but it helped me enormously and I have you to thank for that.”
Senior Detective, Lancashire Police