A rare combination of extensive executive management experience combined with a passion and care for individual growth places David in the privileged position of being able to work with senior leaders and teams both in the UK and internationally drawn from a broad range of sectors where he sees his role as supporting them in becoming able to realise their full potential. Clients comment that they appreciate his well-honed listening capability, willingness to challenge their thinking and strategic and commercial savvy which, when appropriate, can result in stories to help illustrate a point, stimulate further dialogue or enhance learning and subsequent reflection. This perspective has been informed and enriched through a wide-ranging international career frequently involving the additional excitement and challenge of start-up, post-acquisition integration, business transformation or turnaround environments.
Now, with ten years’ experience as an Executive Coach, David thrives on and gains immense joy from bringing thought-provoking challenge to senior executives and teams and is totally committed to helping them improve their personal and organisational impact and effectiveness as part of contributing to overall business success.
David has completed eight marathons including all five world ‘majors’ and has cycled around Tasmania and Western Australia as well as Land’s End to John O’Groats. Currently, he is on a virtual two year 10,500 mile cycle/run/walk expedition to Sydney. David plays keyboards in a dad’s band and a few years ago had the privilege to conduct the Sydney Symphony Orchestra. Travelling is also a passion that extends to sampling great food and wine from around the world.
- 30 years in Financial Services including a range of divisional CEO/MD roles
- Continuing professional involvement via a portfolio of NED roles
- Significant exposure to and experience in start-up, business transformation, post-acquisition integration and turnaround environments
- Former roles include: CEO Swiss Re Australia, CEO Scottish Re Limited, MD Pearl Life Assurance, Directeur General M&G Paris
- 10 years executive coaching experience working with individuals and teams both in the UK and internationally across private, public and third sector companies including law firms, private equity, infrastructure, telecoms, publishing, financial services, government and charitable organisations
- BA (Hons) in Mathematics and Statistics from York University
- Fellow of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (FIA)
- Meyler Campbell Business Coach, accredited by WABC, EMCC, AC
- MBTI®; CAPP R2®; Mindfulness for Coaches, Psych-K®
- Continuing professional development programmes, including coaching supervision
“I will always remember my first meeting with David, because in only one session he helped me think fundamentally differently about a long-standing, significant problem at work that had seemed intractable. As we have worked together through the most challenging period of my career to date, David has consistently increased my confidence in my own abilities, while always challenging me to the best that I can be and giving me the benefit of his thoughts and ideas. His blend of outstanding coaching skills and highly relevant corporate experience was just what I needed, and thanks to David I have a range of valuable new tools for addressing work-related challenges.”
Chief Customer Officer, Government Organisation